27 April 2009

lunching ladies

last week, marianne and i had lunch with some of my new-mommy friends and their little ones (Irlynd, Desmond and Sonoma). all of the babes were very well behaved but luckily it was a loud lunch spot or else we may have been rather disruptive...between their little fusses and coohs and our ooohs, aaahs and bouts of laughter. i had a great time sharing in the stories of everyone's trials, tribulations and triumphs! getting adult interaction (esp. with other new moms) is truly a life-saver for me. i met all of these ladies at my prenatal pilates class and they are such a fun group.

clockwise from me + marianne: gretel + sonoma, robin + desmond, cathy + irlynd


irlynd is a little more than two months older than marianne and she's a total sweetheart




my friend, Tiffany, visited yesterday and she snapped this photo while she was here. marianne is so strong and can hold her head up for 5+ seconds now. she's been smiling at us for weeks but over the weekend she started smiling back at us with the biggest toothless grins. this morning i was singing "are you sleeping, are you sleeping?" to her and she smiled at me so big and gorgeous that i almost burst into tears mid-song. it seriously melted me into a puddle of butter - it just seems like it's her way of saying "i love you, thanks for taking care of me!". or maybe she was just trying to tell me that i can't carry a tune!




1 comment:

Nana said...

What beautiful babies and beautiful Mommies! I thank God that you have each other!