13 August 2009

grandpa allen


grandpa allen was one of the most amazing people I have known in my life. he welcomed me (and my family) into his family with open, loving arms. he made himself as much my grandpa as he had always been to jerry. he embraced life with vigor and zeal...and even at 97 he could still sweet-talk the ladies.

grandpa passed from this life on the morning of 7 aug 2009 - a friday - at 97 years old and just eight days shy of his 78th wedding anniversary.

a few photos of grandpa allen and many from our long weekend in moundville honoring his life and the many lives he touched along the way:































3 comments:

Nana said...

God's blessings and strength to the Laflen family! I love the photos of Mary and Marianne! Especially the last one!

Kimberly said...

My thoughts are with you all. Love the pictures of Mary and Marianne. Glad Mary got love and comfort from her namesake!

mamma brown bear said...

Love the beautiful dedication to Grandpa and love the photos. I was so happy to be able to capture Grandma holding Marianne. That might be one of my favorite photos ever and it isn't even one of my own children!
Julie