23 March 2012

my arms are too tired

we went to the zoo yesterday. BEAUTIFUL DAY! Marianne & I decided Henry should wear his polar bear outfit and then on the way out the door I grabbed his peacock linen swaddle blanket to use as shade for him over the stroller. these outfit choices would prove foretelling because the peacocks and polar bears at the zoo gave us quite a show. I guess spring is in the air. Two different peacocks fanned their feathers to us and one of the polar bears was having a so much fun swimming around, playing with its pool toys. She kept climbing up on the rock and diving in on top of the floater balls, pushing them under water with her. She was having a great time and so were we. Marianne insisted on going back a second time to watch her.
Thanks to her aunt Kimmy, almost every trip to the zoo entails a request to ride the carousel. Yesterday I obliged. It is a fantastic, well-preserved old wooden carousel. All three of us rode...Henry in his car seat and Marianne on the polar bear.
It must have worn Marianne out...I had to ask her to put toys away before bath last night several times and on her final warning, she came to me with her arms crossed and said "but I can't put my toys away, my arms are too tired!"







1 comment:

Aunt Kimberly said...

Carousel requests...you're welcome. =)