27 April 2012

firsts

We had some firsts this week.
Tuesday Marianne had her first haircut. Well, technically she had a mullet-trim at age 1 while her hair was growing in but this was her first real cut. She was so excited to sit in the pink airplane chair and then she got a pink ribbon tied in her hair. I completely forgot to get a locke of her hair though...that is one of my favorite inclusions in my baby book. I'll have to get some next time.

Today (Thursday) Henry rolled over for the first time! it was even a back-to-tummy roll. I was so excited that I threw my hands up in the air and started cheering. He looked at me confused at first and then grinned so big...he knew he'd done something special. he'd been on his mat for over an hour when he finally rolled over that first time. I got him to do it again once I had camera in hand but he was exhausted and didn't give me any smiles. I'll have to post a video later...as the one I took today, he's in the buff (his favorite way to play) and I don't want to expose the little guy.




No comments: